Genesis’ flagship SUV is getting an even more luxurious interior configuration.
The 2022 Genesis GV80 is available to order now with a six-seat option, when equipped with all-wheel drive.
The 6-seat Luxury package costs $13,500 and also includes all the features of the carryover Luxury Package, which costs $10,500.
This includes a fixed centre armrest and dual 9.2-inch entertainment touchscreens, as previously seen in the related G80 sedan.
The armrest includes a wireless phone charger, two cupholders, a storage space, and a rotary controller.
The rear of the cabin has also been blessed with additional ambient lighting, while the individual bucket seats have a one-touch rest mode and wing-type headrests.
Both the new package and the existing Luxury Package also receive a new 18-way power front passenger seat with massaging functionality, like the driver’s seat.
There have been additional changes across the GV80 range. All models feature a new Intelligent Speed Limit Assist function, plus Recirculation Mode Plus which uses navigation information to prevent unwanted odours and emissions from leeching into the cabin.
All GV80 models feature the upgraded front brakes with 380mm discs and four-piston calipers that were previously exclusive to the flagship 3.5T.
Other tweaks include updated graphics for the augmented reality navigation mode, the addition of unlock buttons to the rear doors, and a new triangle icon in the mirrors for the blind-spot assist system.
The second-row cupholders in five/seven-seat versions are now mounted within the armrest, which also scores an additional storage compartment.
A new gloss Barossa Burgundy paint finish is now available, with the GV80 available in a total of seven gloss shades plus three matte finishes exclusive to models with the Luxury Package.
- 2022 Genesis GV80 2.5T RWD: $92,000 (+$1524)
- 2022 Genesis GV80 2.5T AWD: $97,000 (+$1524)
- 2022 Genesis GV80 3.0D AWD: $105,000 (+$1524)
- 2022 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD: $109,500 (+$1024)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2022 Genesis GV80 is available with three engines. The base engine is a turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine producing 224kW of power and 422Nm of torque, with either rear- or all-wheel drive.
There’s also a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel inline six producing 204kW of power and 588Nm and a turbocharged 3.5-litre petrol V6 producing 279kW of power and 530Nm of torque, both of which are available only with all-wheel drive.
An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard with all three engines.
Genesis quotes 0-100km/h times of 6.9 seconds for models with the 2.5-litre, 6.8 seconds for the 3.0D and 5.5 seconds for the 3.5T.
Braked towing capacity is 2722kg.
The 2022 Genesis GV80 consumes 9.8L/100km on the combined cycle in the 2.5T RWD, 10.4L/100km in the 2.5T AWD, 8.8L/100km in the 3.0D and 11.7L/100km in the 3.5T.
The GV80 has an 80L fuel tank.
The 2022 Genesis GV80 measures 4945mm long, 1715mm tall and 1975mm wide excluding the exterior mirrors, with a 2955mm wheelbase.
Total luggage space is 727L, expanding to 2144L with the rear seats folded. Only the five-seat 2.5T has a space-saver spare, with other models only including a tyre repair kit.
Servicing and Warranty
The 2022 Genesis GV80 has complimentary scheduled servicing for the first five years or 50,000km (75,000km for the diesel). This is in addition to the company’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Genesis buyers also receive five years of free 24/7 roadside assistance. There’s also a valet service, where an employee will come pick up your vehicle for servicing and leave you with another Genesis provided you live within 70km driving distance of a Genesis Studio.
The Genesis GV80 has a five-star rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted in 2021. It scored 91 per cent for adult occupant protection, 88 per cent for child occupant protection, 66 per cent for vulnerable road user protection and 79 per cent for safety assist.
All models come standard with the Genesis Active Safety Control suite, which includes autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning, pedestrian and cyclist detection, a junction turning and crossing function, and evasive steering assist.
Other safety features include:
- Blind-spot assist
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Driver attention warning
- Lane-following assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Safe exit assist
There are also 10 airbags, including a front centre side airbag. Models equipped with the Luxury Package add reverse parking collision avoidance.
The GV80 2.5T comes standard with the following features:
- 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation with augmented reality
- DAB+ digital radio
- 12.0-inch head-up display
- 12-way power front seats with four-way adjustable lumbar
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- 21-speaker Harman 1050W Lexicon premium sound system
- Adjustable ambient lighting
- Qi wireless phone charging
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Power tailgate
- Adaptive high beam
- 360-degree camera with a 3D surround view function
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop&Go
- Panoramic sunroof
- Leather upholstery
- Leather dash, console and door trim
- Open-pore real wood trim
- Dual-zone climate control
- LED headlights
- Keyless entry and start
- 40:20:40 split-fold sliding and reclining rear seat
- Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel
The 2.5T AWD gains a third row of seats.
The 3.0D AWD and 3.5T AWD add:
- 22-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive suspension
The $10,500 Luxury Package, available on all models, adds:
- Reverse parking collision avoidance
- Smart Parking Assist
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Nappa quilted leather upholstery
- Suede headliner
- LED matrix headlights
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Active noise control
- Remote parking assist
- Tri-zone climate control
- Soft-close doors
- 18-way power front seats with massaging
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated second-row seats
- Power-adjustable second-row seats
- Power-adjustable third-row seats (AWD models only)
The $13,500 6-seat Luxury Package includes all of the above, plus:
- Second-row bucket seats
- Dual 9.2-inch second-row touchscreens
- Dual 3.5mm headphone jacks and USB video/audio input
- Rear wireless phone charger
- Fixed second-row console with controls and storage
Matte paint is a $2000 option.
The following gloss finishes are available:
- Uyuni White
- Savile Silver
- Himalayan Grey
- Vik Black
- Cardiff Green
- Adriatic Blue
- Barossa Burgundy
The matte finishes comprise:
- Matterhorn White
- Melbourne Grey
- Brunswick Green
There are five interior colourways available, each with a choice of open pore wood trims:
- Obsidian Black, with Black Ash or Metallic Ash
- Vanilla Beige, with Black Ash or Metallic Ash
- Urban Brown, with Olive Ash or Birch
- Dune Beige, with Black Ash or Olive Ash
- Smoky Green, with Black Ash or Olive Ash
MORE: Everything Genesis GV80