Land Rover has cut its Discovery Sport medium SUV range to just two variants, as prices rise by up to $646 for 2023 – following earlier increases of nearly $3000 on January 1.
- 2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport pricing and specifications
- Range cut to two petrol variants
- Some features added, others removed
- Priced from $78,610 before on-road costs
The 2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport range has been cut to just two variants and one engine, with price rises across the range of approximately $650.
Previously available in a choice of five petrol or diesel variants, Land Rover has cut the local Discovery Sport range for Model Year 2023 (MY23, or 23MY) to two models, the R-Dynamic SE P250 and R-Dynamic HSE P250.
Both models share a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, sending 183kW and 365Nm to all four wheels through a nine-speed automatic transmission. A 0-100km/h time of 8.1 seconds is claimed, as is a combined fuel economy claim of 8.4 litres per 100 kilometres.
The axing of the MY22 R-Dynamic S P200 petrol, R-Dynamic S D165 diesel and R-Dynamic SE D200 diesel means the price of entry into the Discovery Sport range is $9064 higher than before, at $78,610 before on-road costs (as of January 31).
The MY22 prices are inclusive of price rises in effect from 1 January 2022, which saw the entire range rise by between $2736 and $2988 – attributed to the new inclusion of metallic paint as standard, despite these finishes previously costing only $1400 as standalone options.
“A range of factors, including material, freight and logistic cost increases and foreign exchange rates are considered in our pricing strategy,” a Jaguar Land Rover spokesperson told Drive.
Compared to January 1 prices for the MY22 range, the R-Dynamic SE P250 has increased by $643 for Model Year 2023, while the R-Dynamic HSE P250 is up $646.
“Regarding the Discovery Sport line-up, we always take on feedback and refine our line-up based on consumer demand, which may result in the change of availability of derivatives between model years,” a Jaguar Land Rover Australia spokesperson said in regards to the deletion of the P200, D165 and D200 models.
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto have been added for the New Year, as has a new-look 7.0-inch instrument display, and Amazon Alexa functionality, as announced last week.
The entry-level R-Dynamic SE gains a 12-speaker Meridian sound system as standard (rather than a six-speaker unit), as well as DuoLeather upholstery (with a mix of grained and ‘PVC’ vinyl material). However, it loses its 12-inch digital instrument cluster, and switches to a 10-way power passenger seat (down from 12 ways).
Other standard features on the entry-level R-Dynamic SE include a 10-inch touchscreen, 20-inch Style 5076 alloy wheels, dual-zone climate control, electric 12-way driver and 10-way passenger seats, leatherette or leatherette/suede upholstery, and a full suite of active safety features.
Fixed coil-spring suspension is standard across the range, as the adaptive suspension option (known as Adaptive Dynamics) has been deleted for Model Year 2023.
Stepping up to the R-Dynamic HSE ($83,050 before on-road costs, up $646) adds features such as matrix LED headlights, unique 20-inch wheels, Windsor leather upholstery, upgraded seats and sound system, and Configurable Dynamics (customisable drive modes).
All exterior colours are included as standard, except for Carpathian Grey and Silicon Silver premium metallic finishes, which cost $620 extra – up from $202 during Model Year 2022. The Namib Orange premium metallic colour has been axed for 2023.
The 2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport range is available to order now.
2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport Australian pricing:
- Discovery Sport R-Dynamic SE P250 – $78,610 (up $643 over MY22 pricing after Jan 1)
- Discovery Sport R-Dynamic HSE P250 – $83,050 (up $646)
2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport R-Dynamic SE standard features:
- 10-inch Pivi Pro touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (now wireless for MY23) and navigation
- New-design 7.0-inch instrument cluster display (with analogue dials)
- Amazon Alexa support (new)
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Premium LED headlights with auto on/off and auto high beam
- 20-inch satin dark grey ‘Style 5076’ alloy wheels
- Black Exterior Pack (badging, grille, mirror caps, towing eyes)
- 12-way driver and 10-way passenger electric front seats with driver memory
- Choice of Luxtec/suede combination or DuoLeather faux leather upholstery
- Leather steering wheel
- Dual-zone climate control with second-row vents
- Keyless entry and start
- Activity Key
- Power tailgate
- Power-folding electric side mirrors with heating and driver’s side auto-dimming
- Puddle light projection
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 12-speaker, 400-watt Meridian sound system (plus subwoofer)
- Terrain Response 2
- Fixed coil spring suspension
- Satin chrome shift paddles
- Hill descent control
- Body-coloured roof
- Metallic paint
- Metal (front) sill plates with R-Dynamic branding
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Illuminated vanity mirrors
- Bright metal pedals
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-keep assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Driver condition monitoring
- Front and rear parking sensors (with rear camera)
2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport R-Dynamic HSE adds (over R-Dynamic SE):
- Configurable Dynamics (customisable drive modes)
- Matrix LED headlights
- Scrolling front and rear LED indicators
- 20-inch diamond-turned ‘Style 5089’ wheels with gloss dark grey inserts
- 14-way electric front seats with driver memory
- Leather ‘twin-rim’ steering wheel
- Windsor leather seat upholstery
- 14-speaker (plus subwoofer), 650-watt Meridian surround sound system
The $1860 Hot Climate Pack, available for the R-Dynamic SE and HSE, adds:
- Second-row temperature controls
- Cabin Air Purification
- Solar attenuating windscreen
The $4380 Family Pack, available for the R-Dynamic SE and HSE, adds:
- Fixed panoramic roof (with powered blind)
- Privacy glass
- ClearSight digital rear-view mirror
- Three USB-C ports (two in the second row, one in the third row)
- Cooling vents in third row (chilled air only)
- Click and Go seat-back mounting system (for jackets, tablets, bags, etc)
Standalone options include (but are not limited to):
- 12-inch digital instrument cluster ($650, all models)
- Head-up display ($1300)
- Digital radio ($400)
- Fixed panoramic roof ($2340)
- Black or grey contrast roof ($1090)
- Matrix LED headlights ($1600, R-Dynamic SE only, as standard on HSE)
- Premium metallic paint ($620)
- Heating for standard-fit 12-way driver and 10-way passenger electric front seats ($810)
- 14-way heated and cooled electric seats with driver memory ($2520 for R-Dynamic SE, $1620 for R-Dynamic HSE)
- Power-adjustable steering column ($650)
- Windsor leather seats ($2840 for SE, as already standard with HSE)
- ClearSight digital rear-view mirror ($1230)
- Tyre pressure monitoring ($540)
- 360-degree camera with 3D view ($500)
- Wi-Fi connectivity with Enabled Data Plan ($790)
Available exterior colours include:
- Fuji White
- Santorini Black metallic
- Firenze Red metallic
- Byron Blue metallic
- Eiger Grey metallic
- Portofino Blue metallic
- Lantau Bronze metallic
- Hakuba Silver metallic
- Ostuni Pearl White metallic
- Carpathian Grey premium metallic ($620 extra)
- Silicon Silver premium metallic ($620 extra)
I have attached the 22MY Specification and Price guide for your reference. Please note – This was published in July, and please note we have not updated this document with the 22MY RRP pricing adjustment on 1st Jan, so please refer to the prices provided to you on Feb 1 (below in this email).
Regarding the January 1 price adjustment, as you pointed out, metallic paint option which was priced at $1400 is now an NCO, which is great news, and aligns with our offering across all our product lines.
Customers can now choose from Fuji White (solid) or a choice of 8 metallic paints – Santorini Black, Firenze Red, Byron Blue, Eiger Grey, Portofino Blue, Lantau Bronze, Hakuba Silver or Ostuni Pearl White.
Drive Read More