Affiliate disclosure: Automoblog and its partners may be compensated when you purchase the products below.
Easy Auto Ship (EAS) is a company that specializes in auto transport services at affordable prices. The auto shipping provider offers everything from enclosed terminal-to-terminal shipping to long-distance hauling right up to your doorstep, but do Easy Auto Ship reviews fall in line with the company’s overall reputation in the auto transport industry?
In this Easy Auto Ship review, we’ll give a summary of pricing, shipping options, and auto transport reviews so you can see if Easy Auto Ship is worth your investment. We’ll also see where the company ranks among the best car shipping companies in the country. You’ll also get a chance to see our team’s top recommendations for shipping your vehicle.
Our Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
Cost-effective option for those on a budget.
Easy Auto Ship Overview
Headquarters: Youngstown, Ohio
Better Business Bureau (BBB): A+
BBB Customer Rating: 4.63 out of 5.0
Availability: United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and international destinations
Easy Auto Ship, which is also known as DIY Transport, is one of the most popular auto transport brokers in the country. The company offers a wide range of shipping options for both standard passenger cars and alternative vehicles like RVs, ATVs, and motorcycles throughout the United States and abroad.
Easy Auto Ship Pros and Cons
|Easy Auto Ship Pros||Easy Auto Ship Cons|
|Offers shipping for non-standard vehicles like RVs and motorcycles||No real-time tracking option|
|Strong customer reviews||Shipping dates only guaranteed for an extra fee|
|Affordable rates||No mobile app|
Easy Auto Ship Car Shipping Services
Easy Auto Ship offers a variety of shipping services, meaning most customers can get exactly what they’re looking for. Here’s an overview of the auto shipping company’s transport options:
- Open transport
- Enclosed transport
- Expedited shipping
- Cross-country shipping
- Door-to-door transportation
- Terminal-to-terminal shipping
- International vehicle transportation
Easy Auto Ship Alternative Vehicle Shipping
Easy Auto Ship offers shipping options for more than just the family sedan. As a broker, the company uses its wide network of movers to provide options for shipping other types of vehicles.
These are some of the vehicles you can transport with Easy Auto Ship:
- Farm equipment
- Golf carts
- Heavy equipment
All transported vehicles are insured under the Contingent Motor Truck Cargo Policy, which offers coverage up to $100,000 to pay for any damage incurred during shipping.
Easy Auto Ship Transport Costs
Our research team found that Easy Auto Ship has some of the most competitive rates among car shipping companies. Here are some sample prices available on the vehicle shipping provider’s website:
|Distance||Price per Mile||Distance||Shipping Cost|
|1–500 miles||$1||400 miles||$400|
|Over 500 miles||75 cents||900 miles||$675|
|Over 1,000 miles||60 cents||1,200 miles||$720|
|Over 2,000 miles||50 cents||2,400 miles||$1,200|
|Over 2,500 miles||40 cents||3,600 miles||$1,440|
Compared to many other auto transporters, Easy Auto Ship offers savings. For the roughly 1,200-mile distance between Buffalo, New York, and Orlando, Florida, AmeriFreight would charge about $750 – about $30 more than Easy Auto Ship says it would charge for the same distance.
Easy Auto Ship Cost Factors
Each vehicle shipping company charges different rates per mile, but other factors also influence car shipping costs. Not factored into the prices listed on the Easy Auto Ship website are the extra costs for certain types of vehicle shipping and overseas transport.
Factors that can influence shipping prices include:
- Time of year: Car shipping costs usually peak during the summer.
- Fuel costs: A higher price for fuel means paying more for car transport.
- Distance: Even though the cost per mile decreases, shipping farther generally means a higher price overall. Shipping your car internationally or to Alaska or Hawaii will come at an additional cost.
- Transport type: Enclosed shipping and door-to-door transport can both raise car shipping costs.
- Vehicle type: Larger vehicles are usually more expensive to transport. Inoperable vehicles have higher shipping costs as well.
- Vehicle condition: Inoperable vehicles will cost more to move than ones that are in driving condition.
How to Lower Your Rates With Easy Auto Ship
If you’re looking to lower your shipping costs, Easy Auto Ship has a few ways to save. Customers who call for a free quote can reduce their shipping fee by 15%, and Easy Auto Ship offers discounts for military members, veterans, and customers who ship in bulk. The vehicle transporting company also gives all customers up to $150 off for paying in cash.
Easy Auto Ship guarantees any shipping quotes for 30 days and promises no hidden fees. Customers who may wish to cancel their shipments can obtain full refunds if their vehicles haven’t been assigned. If a vehicle has been assigned, the customer will get a refund minus a fee from the carrier.
How to Ship a Car With Easy Auto Ship
Easy Auto Ship reviews consistently mention how easy it is to ship vehicles with the company. But if it’s your first time shipping a car, you might wonder what’s involved in the process. Fortunately, there are just a few steps to shipping your car from point A to point B.
- Get a quote. You can start a quote on Easy Auto Ship’s website by entering the city or zip code for your pickup location and destination. After you provide a little more information about your car and when you want to ship it, you’ll soon get a quote back to the email address you provided. You can also get an instant quote over the phone.
- Book your service. Once you’ve selected your pickup date and selected your shipping options you can book your service over the phone. Easy Auto Ship’s representatives will help walk you through the process. You’ll need a credit card to pay the initial fee.
- Prepare your car for shipment. You’ll need to clean everything out of your car and remove any aftermarket exterior parts. However, you are typically allowed to pack one suitcase up to 100 pounds in the vehicle.
- Meet your driver for pickup. You and your driver will inspect your car together and go over a few things before they pick your car up and haul it off. This is a good time to ask any questions you might have.
- Wait. The delivery time for your vehicle depends primarily on how far it’s traveling. But the weather, traffic, and your driver’s pickup and delivery schedule also affect how long it takes to get to you. Easy Auto Ship says it provides periodic updates throughout the shipping process, but you can also call to check in on the status of your vehicle at any time.
- Pick up your vehicle. Easy Auto Ship will notify you before your vehicle arrives so that you have time to prepare. You’ll need to pay the driver the remainder of the fee with either cash, cashier’s check, money order, or other certified funds.
Easy Auto Ship Reviews
Compared to some auto shippers, Easy Auto Ship is one of the younger companies on the block. Its doors opened in 2013, but Easy Auto Ship reviews reveal a reputation for excellent service. In fact, 89.5% of reviewers rate the company 5-stars overall.
The BBB has over 690 Easy Auto Ship customer reviews, Easy Auto Ship is accredited by the BBB, which gives the vehicle transporting provider an A+ rating. The BBB has over 690 Easy Auto Ship customer reviews, which average out to a 4.63 out of 5-star rating The vehicle transporter also earns high marks elsewhere, with a 4.6 out of 5.0 stars on Google and 4.2 out of 5.0 stars on Trustpilot.
Less favorably, the BBB has fielded more than 30 customer complaints about Easy Auto Ship in the last three years.
Below are some Easy Auto Ship reviews that stood out to our research team:
Positive Easy Auto Ship Reviews
Most of the Easy Auto Ship reviews we saw were positive. Customers who reported a positive experience consistently mentioned an easy shipping process and excellent customer support. 16.5% of reviewers mention an “easy process”, to be exact.
“Great Service! They kept me in the loop through the whole process! [Not] once did I have a worry.”
– Rosie via Trustpilot
“Easy Auto Ship made moving my car so easy and stress-free. The quote I was given was the amount I was charged, and the day assigned for pickup and dropoff proved true. Communication with this company was excellent, and I always felt taken care of and informed at all points of the move.”
– Jacquelyn L. via BBB
Negative Easy Auto Ship Reviews
Along with concerns about a perceived lack of customer communication and damages not being covered under the company’s insurance policy, negative Easy Auto Ship reviews have expressed frustration about carriers arriving after the scheduled drop-off date. It should be noted that only 4.5% of reviews rate the company 1 out of 5 stars.
“They talk a good game when they are trying to get your business and even after you decide to use them. But when your vehicle finally shows up and it is damaged, they talk a whole different game. Beware of this company.”
– Paul M. via BBB
“Reached out twice after the car was picked up, and I never received a reply. Seems like all they care about is getting their initial fee and then letting you figure things out on your own. Will definitely be using a different service moving forward.”
– Taylor F. via BBB
Along with concerns about a perceived lack of customer communication and damages not being covered under the company’s insurance policy, some customers have expressed frustration about carriers arriving after the scheduled drop-off date.
Easy Auto Ship: Best Benefits
Customers looking for relatively cheap car shipping should keep Easy Auto Ship in mind. The vehicle transportation provider offers a variety of shipping services at a lower cost than most other competitors. In our team’s Easy Auto Ship review, we found that if you can live without 24/7 customer support, the company is a good choice.
However, the benefit that stood out most to our team is the company’s rental car reimbursement policy. If your car doesn’t arrive within two weeks, the company will reimburse you for the cost of a rental car.
It’s these benefits along with the company’s reasonable prices and excellent reputation among customers and industry professionals alike that makes us confident to recommend them as a provider.
Our Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
Cost-effective option for those on a budget.
Other Recommendations for Auto Shipping
If you’re looking to find the best rate for auto shipping, our research team recommends getting car shipping quotes from multiple transporters. Our review team took a close look at every major car shipping provider, carefully evaluating customer reviews, costs, plan options, and more.
In addition to Easy Auto Ship, two of the best options we’ve found are Montway Auto Transport and Sherpa Auto Transport.
Montway Auto Transport: Best Service
Montway Auto Transport is one of our top picks for auto transport. The vehicle shipping company offers many of the same services as Easy Auto Ship but carries 15 years of experience in the auto shipping industry. Montway wins our Best Service award based on its availability and prices.
Like Easy Auto Ship, Montway is accredited by the BBB and has earned an A+ rating from the agency. Customers gave Montway an average rating of 4.49 out of 5 stars across more than 1,700 BBB reviews, which highlight the vehicle shipping provider’s on-time deliveries, extremely affordable rates, and speedy communication. Montway also partners with more than 15,000 auto carriers across the U.S.
Check out our in-depth Montway Auto Transport review for more information.
Our Rating: 4.6 out of 5.0
One of the best car shipping companies.
Sherpa Auto Transport: Best for Locked-In Pricing
Those who prioritize knowing the price for auto shipping up front might consider Sherpa Auto Transport. Sherpa’s “Price Lock Promise” ensures the amount you’re quoted is the amount you pay, and the automobile transporter includes a free car wash once your vehicle has been delivered.
Like the other car shipping companies we’ve mentioned, Sherpa has an A+ rating from the BBB in addition to being an accredited business. We give Sherpa 4.0 out of 5.0 stars.
Learn more about the company in our Sherpa Auto Transport review.
Best for Locked-In Pricing
Our Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
Stress-free auto shipping and transparent pricing.
FAQ: Easy Auto Ship Reviews
Is Easy Auto Ship legit?
Easy Auto Ship is a BBB-accredited company. Many Easy Auto Ship reviews mention a positive customer experience. Easy Auto Ship often quotes car shipping prices that are comparable to or cheaper than its competitors’ prices.
Is Easy Auto Ship a broker?
Similar to most auto transport companies, Easy Auto Ship brokers shipping services from carriers across the country. Each of its carriers has insurance coverage for any damage that occurs during transport.
What is the best auto transport company to use?
Our research team shows that companies such as Montway, AmeriFreight, and Sherpa can be good options for vehicle transport. We recommend comparing costs from multiple carriers, reading Easy Auto Ship customer reviews, and reading competitor reviews to find the best company for your shipping needs.
What is the most reliable auto transport company?
The customer review ratings and industry ratings of the top five providers in our study are all very high. This suggests that Montway Auto Transport, Sherpa Auto Transport, AmeriFreight, Easy Auto Transport, and uShip are all reliable auto transport companies.
Our expert review team takes satisfaction in providing accurate and unbiased information. We identified the following rating categories based on consumer survey data and conducted extensive research to formulate rankings of the best car shipping companies.
- Prices: A variety of factors influence cost, so it can be difficult to compare quotes between providers. Our team performs ongoing secret shopper analyses for different vehicles, services, and shipping routes to give this rating.
- Services: Because each consumer has unique needs, it’s essential that an auto transport company offers an array of services. We take into account the availability of services, ability to guarantee pickup and drop-off dates, and insurance coverage options.
- Reputation: Our team considers Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings, a company’s history of service, and years in business when giving this score.
- Customer Service: Reputable car shippers operate with a certain degree of care for consumers. We take into account customer reviews, BBB complaints, and the responsiveness of the customer service team.
Original article: Easy Auto Ship Review (April 2022)
Source: Automoblog Read More